***AS OF APRIL 12TH WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NAMES FOR BULK PICKUP***
BULK PICKUP - APRIL 17, 2021
METAL APPLIANCES: REFRIGERATORS, AIR CONDITIONERS, WASHERS, DRYERS, STOVES, GRILLS (WITH PROPANE TANK DETACHED) ELLIPTICALS
HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE: CHAIRS, TABLES, COUCHES, RECLINERS, RUGS
ITEMS NOT INCLUDED:
HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE, YARD WASTE, CHRISTMAS TREES, PAINT, TELEVISION SETS, STEREOS TIRES, BATTERIES, CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS, ELECTRONICS – COMPUTERS, MONITOR, PRINTERS, ETC…
THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP!!!
PLEASE SUPPLY THE FOLLOWING:
NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, AND A LIST OF ITEMS TO BE PICKED UP AT THE ROADSIDE
ALL CALLS & EMAILS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MON April 12, 2021
ALL ITEMS MUST BE CURBSIDE BY FRIDAY THE 16TH TO ENSURE PICKUP!
Starting April 10th, the Town of Pawling will accept bulk items a week earlier. You must bring your Bulk items to the Highway Department. Please call and setup an appointment for drop off. This will be a cost savings for the Town of Pawling.
The Town of Pawling consists of 51.6 miles of roads, 10 miles of which are gravel roads.
The Highway Department is responsible for:
- Maintenance and construction of roads within the Town
- Tree trimming and brush removal within Town right-of-way
- MS4 Regulations (Stormwater drainage)
- Dead tree removal on Town property
- Snow plowing and sanding, including
- Mowing the sides of roads
- Spring clean-up including road sweeping
- Roadside bulk pickup in the Spring
- Cleaning and replacing catch basins and culverts
- Issuing driveway permits and subsequent approval of completed driveway according to Town specifications
Additionaly, the Superintendent of Highways also oversees the Transfer Station located at 124 River Road. For further information about the Transfer Station, click here.