Seal header image
The Official Website for the Town of Pawling, New York

Building Inspector

Additional Links:
Parcel Access

Starting January 2, 2018, all work that needs a Town of Pawling Environmental Permit will have to provide a copy of your contractor’s training certificate for soil and erosion control you’re your application.

As of November 9, 2015, any plans submitted to the building department for review will need a full set of mechanical drawings (heating, plumbing, and electrical). This will apply to all commercial projects, new homes, and major renovations.

Building Department

The purpose of the Building Department in the Town of Pawling is to provide for a minimum level of protection from the hazards of fire, inadequate building construction, and improper maintenance in residential and non-residential buildings through the enforcement of Local and State codes, rules, and regulations. Enforcement is enacted through the issuance of permits, notices, and orders, the performance of inspections, and the issuance of certificates.

Building Permits

In the Town of Pawling, both State and Local codes require that no person or organization shall begin to excavate, construct, demolish, or change the nature of the occupancy without having first applied for and obtained a permit. You must get a building permit if you plan on making home improvements yourself or with the help of a contractor, architect, or construction worker. Building permits ensure that you are in compliance with building codes that regulate the processes of demolition, renovation, installation, construction, enlargement, or other changes in the use of the building.

If you wanted to make any structural changes to a building you would need a building permit.

When submitting your completed application for a building permit you will need to submit two (2) sets of plans ( blueprints, of what you intend to do), a copy of a survey, indicating how far from the property lines the construction is going to be, liability and workers compensation if you are hiring a contractor or a sign-off sheet that is included in the application packet if you are doing the work yourself, and any other documentation for your project, and for example, septic approval from DEP/Health Department, driveway approvals whether it be a County, State or Town road for a new single-family dwelling.

For additional information concerning building permits or code regulations, please contact the at the Town of Pawling Building Department located at Pawling Town Hall, 160 Charles Colman Blvd, Ground Level, Pawling, NY 12564, (845) 855- 3244.

Helpful Links

Contact Us

Pawling Town Hall

T. 845-855-5040

160 Charles Colman Blvd.
Pawling, NY 12564

Contact Us Form